September 18, 2006

Weekend in the Pocono's

I spent last weekend with my sister Jamie and my non sister Steve. We meet up in Jim Thorpe, PA on Saturday. Funny, we got there @ exactly the same time. We passed each in the middle of town. Anywho..... here's some pics with descriptions to follow.

An old Harley military bike.






























My next bike..... single cylinder BMW love... I believe it to be a R29, of 60's vintage. But I'm a little rusty on my BMW History. What a shame..... it's only got 22,000 miles on it..... much to nice to be sittin' round collecting dust.













Here's a nice little Cafe on the Main Drag.. we didn't eat here, but next time I'd like to.















A little camp fire magic....
doesn't get better than this....... We stayed at Hickory Run State Park Campground. I must say it's been awhile since I've been to a place with reservations. I didn't like it. There were seemingly lots-o-good sites, but alas, it was not meant to be. Though we did score a rather nice spot, if not somewhat rocky.


























We hiked up to Hawk Falls...... Crowded but beautiful.

























Hey Guys....
watch your step.










"Shades of Death" trail. The trail guide called the hike difficult, I suspect more than anything else because the trail was so poorly marked, but we figured it out, and Steve passed his survival test with flying colors.
























































At about this time the battery died in my camera. Sorry folks, I forget to charge it before I left. Anywho..... after we found our way back to the pick up point (where Blue was waiting patiently to drive us back to the trailhead, to where Jamie's car was parked), we headed over to the Lehigh River to check out the rails-to-trails section. We walked about 2 miles and turned around. Funk on a bike, kinda dull at the pace of a stride. Though we did see many unusual figures riding what where seemingly bicycles. It's no wonder that more people don't ride, 90% of these people looked terribly uncomfortable. Either on Crappy Mt. Bikes with rusty chains, one guy one a 24" childs bike, or hybrid bike with handlebars almost up to their owners chins. I suppose all of these people were yes, "riding a bike," but really, they would never consider it a form of transportation. The roads around the Pocono's are ripe for some serious cycling, yet I saw none. Perhaps I'll have to show them what it's all about shortly.

1 comment:

Pat said...

Well Adam I was very excited to see that you have created a page where we can finally view some of the beautiful pictures that you take. Keep them coming. (mom)