September 14, 2006

Work.....


This is the 1st image that came up for a search on "Philadelphia in the rain." I guess it does kinda look like this in the rain.


















Working overtime when you're paid salary isn't much fun. Time-and-a-half tends to make up for missing life, somewhat anyway.

The Rain has been beautiful today... though the temperature is really fluctuating, boy does it remind me of Seattle. Drizzly rain drops...... the sound of your tires on wet pavement. People seem to give cyclists a bit more respect when they see you out there in this kinda weather. What they don't understand is... This is what makes bicycle commuting so spectacular. You experience what is going on around you... you become one with nature.... at least for the few too brief moments that you spend getting to and from. I'm really looking forward to winter commuting. I should move further away so I can get more of a bike ride every day. Philadelphia doesn't exactly make one want to go out and ride...... crappy roads, crappy drivers, few places to go to. I'm sure there has got to be more places to explore... I've just got to get out there and do it. Commit myself to at least two rides a week. I just really miss Seattle, and the options it provids for outside activity and scenic wonder.

No comments: